- Freecell 8 Off 123
- Eight Off Solitaire Goodsol
- Eight Off Solitaire Free Play
- Eight Off Solitaire - At Solitaire Network
Master in Minutes – Eight Off Solitaire
Freecell 8 Off 123
If you like FreeCell, you’ll love Eight Off, and you can learn this game in 2 minutes or less with our new video: How to play Eight Off Solitaire. Check it out right here:
Cool things about Eight Off Solitaire:
- The tableau builds down in suit, so it is easier to see and quickly choose what moves to make.
- There are 4 more cells than in FreeCell (or there will be, if you can free them up).
- This is like the solitaire aficionado’s FreeCell. Everyone has heard of FreeCell solitaire, but this is the game that inspired FreeCell. True story! Eight Off also inspired the variant known as Baker’s Game, named for C. L. Baker. Baker’s Game looks like FreeCell, but the tableaus build down in suit like this.
- Our Solitaire MegaPack has two additional versions of Eight Off. In one of them, Eight On, all 8 cells are filled at the beginning of the game, whereas in the other version, Eight Free, all 8 cells are empty. Eight Free is a bit easier, and Eight On is slightly harder, so there’s an option for every mood.
- I’ll give you an easy hand to start out with:
You can play this same hand of Eight Off just by tapping this button using an Android device:
It didn’t take me long to get to a winning position, as you can see in this screenshot. So it should be a perfect hand to start with. I always like to learn a game by playing a good hand. Otherwise, you’re so busy trying to find a move, you can’t remember how the game plays. Well, if you ever need a reminder in our apps, just tap the light bulb button in the bottom center. That’s the hint button and it will queue through showing the available moves.
Eight Off Solitaire Goodsol
Eight Off and FreeCell are available in our Solitaire Free Pack for Android.
Those games PLUS the other games discussed in this article – Eight On, Eight Free, Bakers Game – are all available in our Solitaire MegaPack app for Android. The Solitaire MegaPack is the deluxe version of the app, with over 200 games and no ads for only $2.99.
Eight Off Solitaire Free Play
Look for these great solitaire games on the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store.
Game info: FreeCell type; 1 deck; no redeal
Alternate names: Eight Away.
- Game time: Medium
- Difficulty level: Medium
- Skill level: Mostly skill
- Chance of winning: High; about 1 in 3; 33.3%
Object of the game: Move all the cards to the foundations.
Foundations (4 piles: complete these piles to win the game)
Build up in suit from Ace to King (for example, a 2 can be played on an Ace).
Tableau (8 columns of 6 cards each)
Eight Off Solitaire - At Solitaire Network
Build down in suit sequence (for example, a 10 can be played only on a Jack).
The top card of each pile is available for play on another tableau pile, the foundations or the cells.
Move groups of cards if they are in sequence and if there are enough free cells that the cards could be moved individually.
Spaces may be filled only with a King or a King-sequence.
Cells (or Reserves; 8 cells)
These are the 'cells'. These cells are storage locations for cards being played to the foundations and the tableau.
The game starts with 4-filled cells.
Cards in the cells can be moved to the foundations and the tableau.
Cells can only hold one card at a time.
Solitaire bliss. Similar games
Game Rules Index Previous solitaire Next solitaire