DraftKings is running a $5.5 million Super Bowl LV Millionaire that awards $1 million to the winner, while FanDuel is putting on a $3.55 million NFL Big Game Bowl, also with a million-dollar first.
We’re getting closer to the kickoff in Tampa Bay for Super Bowl LV. The 55th edition of the big game will feature some major star power as Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady lead their respective teams.
- 1 day ago Jason Robins, DraftKings Inc. Chief executive officer, discusses sports betting ahead of the Super Bowl with Bloomberg's Caroline Hyde, Romaine Bostick and Taylor Riggs on.
- Super Bowl 55 DraftKings Showdown Picks: Chiefs vs. Captain (1.5x price, 1.5x points): RB Ronald Jones, Buccaneers ($3,300) Jones has had a forgetable playoffs, rushing.
There are thousands of bets and props available at the top US sportsbooks like DraftKings Sportsbook and FanDuel Sportsbook leading up to the big game. And there are also some opportunities to get involved for free with pools and squares contests.
It’ll be interesting to see if the guy in your office can get that sheet full via Slack and Zoom this year instead of popping by your desk.
Here is a look at the best pools and contests. We will be adding more here as we get closer to Feb. 7.
2020 was a huge year for DraftKings. They really transitioned from a DFS/sports betting company to what they’ve now titled a “sports entertainment tech” company. While the world sat on the sidelines during the start of the pandemic, DK rolled out a ton of freeplay pools to keep players active and the site humming.
Draftkings Super Bowl Squares
- For Super Bowl LV, DraftKings has a 10-prop contest all focused around the fourth quarter called the $55 Million Prediction Challenge.Sign up for free here, make the picks, and hold on to see if you cash in the million-dollar pool. You will have to answer questions like, “Which team will score more points in the fourth quarter?,” and “Will the fourth quarter two-minute warning happen at the two-minute mark?”
- DK will also bring back the Super Bowl Squares contest that they’ve run in previous years. $55,000 is on the line in DraftKings’ Super Bowl Squares contest and it is free to play, even for residents of states outside of where sports betting is legal. Select a square, numbers get revealed at kickoff, and prizes will be paid out each quarter.
- And the last one here is quite unique, as DK will be running a Big Game SnackDown Pool. Entry is $0 and the prize pool is a whopping $100,000. The SnackDown is a Major League Eating event in which America’s top competitive eaters will plow through an eight-layer dip, pepperoni pizza, boneless wings, chili, a sub sandwich, cheese balls, pigs in a blanket and jalapeno peppers. These snacks will be set up in a steeplechase format. DraftKings users will have to correctly pick which eater will come in first place, second place and third place, and will have to answer questions like, “Will any contestant finish a whole pepperoni pizza in one minute or less?”
Super Bowl 2021 Bets
FanDuel has rolled out a cool promotion for the Super Bowl, allowing virtually anyone to get involved for free while watching the game.
Sign up or login to FanDuel by going here and get your card for Big Game Bingo. The card features 24 props for the Super Bowl. The site will fill the squares automatically as each prop hits. Top prize is $10,000 and thousands of users will get free DFS tickets and cash.
FanDuel also has a $3.55 Million NFL Big Game Bowl, where the winner will receive a $1 million prize. The entry fee is $4.44.
Free sports betting promotions
The top sportsbooks in the US have a ton of Risk Free bet offers and free money promos to celebrate Super Bowl LV. Here are some of the top offers:
Draftkings Super Bowl Prop Sheet
DraftKings Sportsbook: DK is back with one of its fantastic “No Brainer” offers. New users will double their money if a touchdown is scored in the Super Bowl. That’s a pretty safe bet with Patrick Mahomes and Tom Brady on the field. Sign up for DraftKings Sportsbook by going here.
PointsBet: PointsBet is running a “Big Game Goat Insurance” promotion for Super Bowl LV. You can bet on either team to win the game, and you will get money back up to $50 if your team loses by 43 points or less. That’s another lock, considering the biggest loss in Brady’s college or NFL career was 35 points and the largest loss of Mahomes’ NFL career was 8 points. Sign up for PointsBet by going here.
If you are unsure of whether or not you are legally allowed to bet on sports in your state for the Super Bowl, go here.